Everything you need to know about Hybrid Heat Pumps.
- What is a Hybrid Heat Pump
- What distance should the heat pump be from my spa?
- How loud is the heat pump?
What is a Hybrid Heat Pump
Spa heat pumps work like reverse cycle air conditioners. The spa heat pump takes the heat from the ambient air and transfers it into your spa through a heat exchanger. However, a spa heat pump can also reverse the cycle and cools your spa in the summer months by taking heat from your spa and putting it out into the ambient air.
- Save up to 70% on your spa heating bill. That's AU $1,000.00's over the life of your spa.
- Specifically designed to work with most portable spas, swim spas and plunge pools.
- Reverse cycle - heating AND cooling operation. From 10 to 40 degrees
- Very quiet operation
- Easy installation
What distance should the heat pump be from my spa?
The heat pump should be located at least 1.2 metres from the edge of the spa and no more than 3 metres away.
The heat pump should be installed at the same level as the base of the spa. If your swim spa is being sunk into a pit, then the heat pump should be installed in the pit with it's back side 300mm off the edge of the pit and the front side facing across the front side of the swim spa to ensure it has adequate air flow.
NOTE: Please refer to your Spa Pre Delivery Guide for installation instructions.
How loud is a heat pump?
The heat pump is less than 60dB. Approximately the same as a fridge, or the external unit on a home heat pump.