We recommend BioGuard Armour Spa Sanitiser. It is also recommended by Australia's leading spa retailers.
Armour has a DiChlor base but it also has Bromine salts that allow it to last longer than standard DiChlor in warm spa water. Cold water applications like those found in pools are not an issue for DiChlor, but the warm water found in a spa provides a different set of issues.
Historically we have recommended not using Bromine as a sanitiser as it causes the failure of internal components. We continue with this recommendation. BioGuard Armour contains a small amount of Bromine however it is stabilized which removes the issues caused by standard Bromine sanitisers found in tablet or granular form.
BioGuard Armour has a number of benefits:
- BioGuard is a trusted international brand and is known for quality pool and spa chemicals.
- Unlike Lithium Hydrochlorite, Armour is virtually pH neutral and will not cause pH changes making water balancing easier.
- Armour does not require the use of a spa shock to remove chlorine by-products which saves you money and simplifies maintenance because no shock is required.
- The stabilized Bromine salts are reactivated in spas with Ozone systems making it more efficient than Lithium Hydrochlorite.
- It can be shipped as a non-dangerous good.
- It has stable supply and pricing.
Note: BioGuard Armour cannot be used with Nature2 Sticks. It will damage the Nature2 Stick.
Alternatively, we recommend Poppits (Hydrogen Peroxide.)
For a full range of chemicals please click here.